Learn everything you need to be ready to inspire the next generation with transformational practices for Wellbeing.
Join us for one of our full day training courses and learn all you need to start sharing yoga and mindfulness with children straight away.
Explore practical ways to share yoga with children in an engaging and inspiring way and start helping make a BIG change for LITTLE people.
Choose from one, two or three of our courses (practitioner certificate may only be enrolled on completion of Mindfulness and Yoga one day courses).
Our courses are designed for anyone passionate about making a difference with children including educators, teachers and teacher aides, parents and care-givers, yoga teachers, therapists, counsellors and allied health professionals.
If you love working with kids – our courses are for you!
You will learn:
- Mindfulness and Breathing for Children
- Yoga and Somatic Movement for Children
- Physical, mental and emotional considerations for teaching children
- Science behind the nervous system and emotional regulation
- How to consciously create programs to support children's needs
- Teaching methodology and tips
- Positive behaviour strategies
- Teaching practice and feedback so you’re ready to share what you’ve learnt straight away!
- How to get started supporting kids
- Planning and preparing classes and workshops (practitioner certificate)
Each 1-day course includes:
- Training Manual
- Certificate upon completion
- Access to our online community
Next dates TBA, Sunshine Coast
Investment: $197 early bird, $249 thereafter. Places limited, bookings essential.
Your facilitators Helen and Michelle bring with them a collective of 30 years experience in education, yoga and teacher training, please be in touch with any questions.
Spaces are limited, don’t delay.
WARNING - our trainings will be jam packed with fun, laughter and inspiration!
“I felt confident and inspired, I can’t wait to share what I’ve learnt with kids.”
— KYLE, KIDS YOGA TEACHER AND MOTHER OF 2
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela
Do you believe every child should grow up with the knowledge and skills to support their wellbeing?
In our introductory courses, you'll gain a great foundation to share,teach and implement the life changing tools and skills yoga has to offer children.
Not only will you learn how to engage children through breathing techniques, yoga, games, mindfulness and relaxation, you'll also gain an in depth understanding of the nervous system, how the brain responds to stress, emotional regulation and how to best support children's wellbeing.
This course is right for you, if you want to share yoga and mindfulness with children as a:
- Primary School Teacher
- Teacher Aide or Learning Support Worker
- Homeschooling families
- Allied Health Professional
- Early Educator
- Yoga Teacher
if you love working with kids and want to learn tools and techniques to support their wellbeing, this course is perfect for you!
Upon Completion You Will:
- Be confident to share yoga and mindfulness with children.
- Understand key applications for different age groups and learning styles.
- Have an extensive toolkit full with ideas and inspiration to support kids.
- Have a deep understanding of emotional regulation and the stress response.
- Know which tools to use and when for different states of arousal.
- Know how to bring tools and ideas together and share with children in an engaging way.
- Know how to integrate simple tools for kids wellbeing.
- Have a solid understanding of how to develop classes and workshops for kids (Practitioner Certificate).
- Connect with an empowered, likeminded community.
What Is Included:
- Extensive training manuals
- Training delivered by experienced facilitators
- Support to integrate your learning via our online Facebook community.
- Certificate of completion
- One Day Training Tuition = AU$197 Early Bird
- One Day Training Tuition = AU$249 Full Price
*Professional development funding may be available for teachers, educators or allied health professionals.
*Please be advised 50% cancellation applies within 30 days of training and 100% cancellation within 14 days.
What Our Graduates Have Said
I was blown away at the high level of knowledge displayed and shared around well being for children, including yoga movements that are fun and engaging but also, important language to use to nurture a child yet promote safe boundaries.
Helen’s knowledge of Yoga is nothing short of astounding and this matched with both Helen and Michelle’s passion for kids and their physical and mental well being makes for an incredible training.
I couldn’t possibly recommend this training any more. It is the balance of passion meets education for the greater good of our younger generation.
Emma, Yoga Teacher
Training with Calmer Kids has been an amazing experience for me. On a personal level as it has allowed me to discover my own inner child and has helped me grow as a person in confidence and creativity. Training with Calmer kids has made connecting with children effortless and this has also been very beneficial for me when working with children in healthcare. I also now teach in Kindergartens and have a regular one on one session with a little boy who has ASD and his mum has told me he is getting so much out of our sessions together which focus on emotional regulation and creativity. He always looks forward to our sessions.
Charlie, Health Care Professional & Yoga Teacher
As a yoga lover and someone who works with children, I attended a course with Calmer Kids in February this year.
The course was amazing! Not only have I been able to integrate their teachings into my work with children as a swim teacher, I have also been able to use some of the techniques on my 5 year old daughter. The impact on her has been huge. She is a very emotional child who can be challenging to calm at times. The breathing exercises we do together have really assisted in bringing her back down from her often quite heightened state.
Both Helen and Michelle are so passionate about this cause. They have been great leaders, teachers and mentors.
Terri, Mother & Early Educator
Over The Foundation Courses, We Will Cover:
Mindfulness and Breath One Day Course
During our one day Mindfulness course you will understand key theoretical concepts, experiential tools and techniques, teaching methodology and plenty of practical experience to support you to feel confident and inspired to share Mindfulness and Breath in an effective way with children.
Nervous System and The Brain
Embodiment of Mindfulness for Children
Teaching Methodology and Skills
Yoga and Somatic Movement One Day Course
Day two, we begin to explore practical yoga and somatic movement so you can embody what it feels like to experience yoga through your inner child. Discover a toolkit of postures and movement you can use to support children's nervous system based on energetics.
Techniques and Training
Practitioner Certificate One Day Course
Our practitioner course is all about empowering YOU to be confident to teach and bringing your mission to light so you can shine (Can only enrol on completion of Mindfulness and Movement courses).