Learn everything you need to become a confident and engaging Children’s Yoga Teacher, ready to inspire the next generation.
NOVEMBER ENROLMENTS NOW OPEN!
(August dates sold out!)
Join us for our 3-day training and learn all you need to start teaching children’s yoga straight away.
Explore practical ways to share yoga with children in an engaging and inspiring way. This course is designed for anyone passionate about making a difference with children including educators, teachers and teacher aides, parents and care-givers, yoga teachers, therapists, counsellors and allied health professionals.
If you love working with kids – this course is for you!
You will learn:
- Benefits of kids yoga for 5-12 year olds
- Applied anatomy and physiology for 5-12 year olds
- Physical, mental and emotional considerations for teaching 5-12 year olds
- Yogic philosophy for kids
- Suitable yoga movement and postures for children (including warm ups, sun salutations, standing poses, cool down poses and partner/group poses).
- Beneficial and engaging breathing techniques for 5-12 year olds
- Age appropriate yoga games for 5-12 year olds
- Mindfulness and meditation tools for 5-12 year olds
- Guided relaxation techniques for 5-12 year olds
- Planning and preparing classes for this age group
- Positive behaviour strategies
- Teaching practice and feedback so you’re ready to share what you’ve learnt straight away!
- How to get started teaching children’s yoga
Your 3-day course includes:
- Training Manual
- Accredited certificate upon completion
- Access to our online community
Next Course: 4th-6th November 2022, Palmwoods, Sunshine Coast
Friday: 9:30am-4pm (online)
Saturday and Sunday: 9am-5pm (in person)BOOK 3 DAY KIDS TRAINING
Investment: $649 early bird (before 7th October), $729 thereafter. Places limited, bookings essential.
Your facilitators Helen and Michelle bring with them a collective of 28 years experience in education, yoga and teacher training, please be in touch with any questions.
Spaces are limited, don’t delay.
This training is recognised by Yoga Alliance as a YACEP course and can be used towards continuing education points for yoga teachers.
WARNING - this training will be jam packed with fun, laughter and inspiration!
“I felt confident and inspired on at the end of day three, I can’t wait to share what I’ve learnt with kids.”
— KYLE, KIDS YOGA TEACHER AND MOTHER OF 2
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela
Do you believe every child should grow up with the knowledge and skills to support their wellbeing?
In our 3-day training you'll gain a great foundation to teach and implement the life changing tools and skills yoga has to offer children.
Not only will you learn how to engage children through breathing techniques, yoga, games, mindfulness and relaxation, you'll also gain an in depth understanding of the nervous system, how the brain responds to stress, emotional regulation and how to best support children's wellbeing.
This course is right for you, if you want to teach children the yoga and mindfulness as a:
- Primary School Teacher
- Teacher Aide or Learning Support Worker
- Homeschooling families
- Allied Health Professional
- Early Educator
- Yoga Teacher
if you love working with kids and want to learn tools and techniques to support their wellbeing, this course is perfect for you!
Upon Completion You Will:
- Be confident to share yoga and mindfulness with children.
- Have a solid understanding of how to develop classes and workshops for kids.
- Understand key applications for different age groups and learning styles.
- Have an extensive toolkit full with ideas and inspiration to support kids.
- Have a deep understanding of emotional regulation and the stress response.
- Know which tools to use and when for different states of arousal.
- Know how to get started teaching kids.
- Know how to integrate simple tools for kids wellbeing.
- Connect with a empowered, likeminded community.
What Is Included:
- Extensive training manual
- Training delivered by experienced facilitators
- Support to integrate your learning via our online Facebook community.
- Certificate of completion
- Training Tuition = AU$649 Early Bird
- Training Tuition = AU$729 Full Price
*Professional development funding may be available for teachers, educators or allied health professionals.
What Our Graduates Have Said
I was blown away at the high level of knowledge displayed and shared around well being for children, including yoga movements that are fun and engaging but also, important language to use to nurture a child yet promote safe boundaries.
Helen’s knowledge of Yoga is nothing short of astounding and this matched with both Helen and Michelle’s passion for kids and their physical and mental well being makes for an incredible training.
I couldn’t possibly recommend this training any more. It is the balance of passion meets education for the greater good of our younger generation.
Emma, Yoga Teacher
Training with Calmer Kids has been an amazing experience for me. On a personal level as it has allowed me to discover my own inner child and has helped me grow as a person in confidence and creativity. Training with Calmer kids has made connecting with children effortless and this has also been very beneficial for me when working with children in healthcare. I also now teach in Kindergartens and have a regular one on one session with a little boy who has ASD and his mum has told me he is getting so much out of our sessions together which focus on emotional regulation and creativity. He always looks forward to our sessions.
Charlie, Health Care Professional & Yoga Teacher
As a yoga lover and someone who works with children, I attended a course with Calmer Kids in February this year.
The course was amazing! Not only have I been able to integrate their teachings into my work with children as a swim teacher, I have also been able to use some of the techniques on my 5 year old daughter. The impact on her has been huge. She is a very emotional child who can be challenging to calm at times. The breathing exercises we do together have really assisted in bringing her back down from her often quite heightened state.
Both Helen and Michelle are so passionate about this cause. They have been great leaders, teachers and mentors.
Terri, Mother & Early Educator
Over The Three Days, We Will Cover:
Day 1 (I Do)
Day one, you will understand key theoretical concepts so you will be able to apply what you learn on day two and three in a practical and effective way with children.
Anatomy, Philosophy and Benefits
Embodiment of Children's Yoga
Teaching Methodology and Skills
Day 2 (We Do)
Day two, we begin to apply the teachings from day one so you can start to get a sense for integrating and sharing the tools with children. Explore practical techniques and tools so you can embody what it feels like to experience yoga through your inner child.
Techniques and Training
Day 3 (You Do)
Day three is all about empowering YOU to be confident to teach and bringing your mission to light so you can shine.